The European Space Policy Institute (ESPI) in Vienna is the European think-tank for space.
Leveraging an interdisciplinary team of experts and broad European and international networks, ESPI
- Promotes European space policy on global level, by providing a forum for analysis and discussion of European needs, capabilities and long-term prospects in space activities;
- Facilitates the required research and the definition of long-term European orientations;
- Fosters exchange between researchers and experts; and
- Develops approaches to European space policy and address proposals and recommendations to European decision makers and institutions.
ESPI engages in high-profile conferences, tackling the burning issues of the sector: the overarching European space ambition, the role of space for security and defence, the financing of space ventures, Europe’s sovereign and independent access to space as well as a sustainable use of our resources in space. ESPI provides policy advice, recommendations, scenarios and options, fostering the role of space and European space policy in addressing global challenges and propelling Europe as a strong global partner in space.
When waveL started to work with ESPI in April 2023, we developed a communications roadmap, a storytelling, messaging and narrative matrix. We work with space and technology journalists across Europe and the US, to implement that strategic matrix, expand ESPI’s footprint and amplify their voice as a go-to authority in space matters.
We support ESPI to launch its “Vienna Space Diplomat” initiative in July 2023, a first-of-its-kind engagement platform for the diplomatic community in ESPI’s host city of Vienna, a global diplomatic gateway.
We also help ESPI to build and ramp up its communication strategy for its 20th anniversary hallmark event in September 2023.
European Space Policy Institute (ESPI)
- Media Relations
- Messaging Development
- Campaign Development
- Thought Leadership
- Content Strategy, Creation, Marketing
- Event Support
April 2023 – Ongoing
Established and expanded media footprint across Europe and the US
Developed strategic messaging and communications
Reinvigorated digital messaging